Leek and Potato Soup
I know Leek and potato soup has been done to death, but it’s an old favourite that I like to mess with in winter. It can be changed in so many ways or kept to the simplicity that we all know.
Makes 4 large portions
- 4 large leeks well chopped up
- 500g of potatoes all chopped up as well
- Pinch of Himalyan salt
- Stock cube that’s healthy one!
- 1.5 pints of water
- 2 pinches of Arame sea vegetable.
- Black pepper a really good pinch or 2 of this
- 3 dessert spoons of flax oil
Throw everything but the flax oil in a pan together and bring to the boil and cook simmer for 40 minutes.
Pour into a blender, now be careful you don’t scald yourself doing this! Add the flax oil which gives it a lovely creamy texture, and put back into the pan. Gently heat back up and serve, with some lovely salad or ok some garlicy pita breads!!