Yesterday’s after gardening snack with a cup of normalatea for my other half became a simple and fast potato salad, with beans and basil. I love food that is quick and simple to make, but the ability to make quick and healthy food comes in having a well stocked kitchen leaving you able to just put a quick dish together with little effort.
- 8-9 Organic New baby potatoes – boiled until soft – sliced into halves.
- 10 mini raw plum tomatoes – sliced in half
- 5-6 green olives sliced
- 2 dried tomatoes snipped into small parts
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1/4 can of kidney beans
- 1/3 teaspoon yellow Colman’s Mustard
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tblsp olive oil
Boil the baby potatoes until soft, add to the butter beans, kidney beans, olives, and tomatoes. For the dressing mix the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and basil leaves together in a small cup or mixing jug and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
It’s a heavier salad and lovely eaten when the potatoes are still warm.